Planning your visit
You don't need to book ahead to visit Discovery Museum. Entry is free, donations welcome.
As Covid restrictions are lifted we still want to make sure your visit is as safe and enjoyable as possible so there are some measures we will continue to recommend:
· Our staff will continue to give visitors extra space and we encourage visitors to respect others’ space.
· We support staff and visitors who would like to continue wearing face coverings in museum, but this is optional.
· We will continue to monitor numbers to ensure our venues do not become too crowded.
· We will maintain increased cleaning in public areas.
If you do have symptoms of coronavirus or you know that you have Covid19 please do not visit the museum.
Please note the museum closes on Bank Holidays. Easter weekend opening days are: Friday 15 April closed; Saturday 16 April open; Sunday 17 April open; Monday 18 April closed.
|Monday||10am - 4pm|
|Tuesday||10am - 4pm|
|Wednesday||10am - 4pm|
|Thursday||10am - 4pm|
|Friday||10am - 4pm|
|Saturday||11am - 4pm|
|Sunday||11am - 4pm|
Closed Bank Holidays.
Play Tyne (the water play for under 7s) room is currently closed. This is due to necessary maintenance work currently being undertaken.
Play + Invent creative space is open on event days.
During your visit
- Our café is open, serving hot and cold refreshments.
- Enjoy three floors of galleries telling the story of Newcastle and the surrounding area.
- There are packed lunch spaces available, and male and female baby changing.
- For our full access guidance please click here.
- Visit our gift shop with a quirky array of toys, books and mementos.
Schools and voluntary educational groups
- If you wish to bring a school or college group to the museum please contact the Learning team who will be able to discuss your visit requirements directly with you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0191) 232 6789.
- The Learning Team now provide a new virtual learning programme - take a look here at what's available.
This remains a very difficult time for us. Help us ensure art, culture and heritage continue to make a positive impact in our region.