Must-see Museums terms and conditions
What is Must-see Museums?
Must-see Museums is a free membership scheme providing information and offers about visits to Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums’ nine museums and galleries. It is an 'Opt in' membership which means we won't add your details to Must-see Museums unless you confirm you would like us to do so and that you agree to the terms of this policy which explains what we do with your information.
Who's behind must-see?
Must-see involves the nine venues managed by Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums (TWAM):
- Arbeia Roman Fort, South Shields
- Discovery Museum, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Great North Museum: Hancock, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Hatton Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Laing Art Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Segedunum Roman Fort, Wallsend
- Shipley Art Gallery, Gateshead
- South Shields Museum & Art Gallery, South Shields
- Stephenson Railway Museum, North Shields
Why have I received an invitation to join must-see?
At some point in the past, you have given your personal contact details to one or more of Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums’ venues and your consent for us to store your personal data on our marketing database and to contact you.
When you join Must-see Museums or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you consent to your name and contact details being stored on our database, along with information you give us about your past, present and potential future interest in any of our museums and galleries, the cultural forms and programmes they provide and your preferences and attitudes.
Who is my information shared with?
Your information will only be used by Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums. We will not share your personal information with any third parties apart from where you have given direct permission for such information to be passed on to specific third party organisations.
How is your personal information used?
The personal information you supply helps us provide you with superior customer service and information, special content and offers for events and programmes at our nine museums and galleries.
Must-see Museums will primarily communicate with you via our websites and emails but we may use your personal information to contact you via email, post, phone or SMS to:
- provide you with services (i.e. send you an email bulletin or SMS)
- communicate offers and incentives;
- personalise your experience of our museums and galleries (i.e. to build a picture of your interests which means we can tell you about programme and product offerings that are most relevant to your interests)
- send you confirmation of your bookings;
- respond to requests or enquiries made by you;
- correspond with you about a competition;
- send you marketing material;
- talk to you about our shops, fundraising activity and other services such as venue hire (i.e. notification of shop discounts; birthday party or hire for events; wedding hire; and fundraising communication about our work to raise funds for our venues)
- invite your feedback;
- conduct research or ask outside research agencies to do so on our behalf;
- verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services;
- help provide any other services that you have requested;
- update your personal information.
We may from time-to-time ask you for further information in order to update must-see or for particular purposes. We will always tell you how we will use any further information received from you. Periodically, we will need to send you our website and service announcement updates.
If you decide you don't want to be part of Must-see Museums at any time, you would like to revise the information provided to us, or feel what we currently have on record is incorrect, you may update the information by completing the form on the member area of the website or by contacting us at email@example.com .
You will always get the chance to unsubscribe from Must-see Museums if you want to at any time when you receive information from us.
You have the right to obtain from us an electronic or paper copy of all personal information concerning yourself by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How we protect your information
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end we maintain strict physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect user's personal information from unauthorised or inappropriate access. All personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment.
Unless agreed by you for marketing purposes, only employees and approved contractors/developers of Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums which we may appoint from time-to-time, and who need the information to perform a specific job, are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Users Under 18
If you are under 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian's consent before confirming you wish your information to be included in Must-see Museums.
Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums operates under Newcastle City Council’s data protection policy. Newcastle City Council is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 with the Information Commissioner's Office which regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. You can make a complaint to the ICO about our use of your information at any time, but of course we'd like to try and help you with any problems you are having first so please consider raising any issue or complaint you have with Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums first. Your satisfaction with our services is very important to all of us and we will always strive to resolve any problems and complaints you have wherever possible. You can contact us at: email@example.com