Tiny Sparks!Buy tickets
For 3-5 year olds and their guardians
Wednesday 15 September
Wednesday 22 September
Wednesday 29 September
10:30am - 11:30am
Suitable age 3- 5 years, £3.50 per child
Week 1 - Wednesday 15th September
Week 2 - Wednesday 22nd September
Sparkie Williams the talking budgie
Week 3 - Wednesday 29th September
Advance, online booking essential. Please note these sessions are part of a series. If you wish to attend all three sessions, ensure you book each session individually when booking online.
These Tiny Sparks sessions are part of the Unlocking Our Sound Heritage project.
Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums (TWAM) is part of the Unlocking Our Sound Heritage (UOSH) project, a national partnership, funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund and led by the British Library, to save almost half a million rare and unique recordings that are threatened by physical degradation or stored on formats that can no longer be played.
Spark your child’s imagination with stories about science and curious objects. This is an opportunity for tiny engineering, inventing, discovering, designing and investigating.
At Tiny Sparks young children age 3-5 can explore science and museum objects, and sound archives, each week through play, activity, song and rhyme.
The perfect place for little ones to socialise and make new friends.
What to expect:
- Sessions will take place in our Play + Invent Space on the third floor of the museum
- We recommend arriving early to allow plenty of time to make your way through the museum.
- Please wear clothes suitable for messy play. You might like to also bring a spare outfit with you!
- We encourage regular hand washing throughout the session.
- Only for those with pre-booked tickets
- Only adults accompanying a participating child will be admitted
Guidelines and rules are regularly changing and we are constantly monitoring the latest advice and updates. Possible changes could effect how the session will take place, but for the moment the above information indicates how we are expecting things to be.